If you’re getting together with friends and family this Thanksgiving weekend, you may want to take a hostess gift as a thank-you for them welcoming you into their home. My mum always told me, “never go empty handed” 🙂 . Whether you make something from scratch or pick up a gift for the hostess, the gesture goes a really long way. But, sometimes finding the perfect hostess gift can be hard so I’ve rounded up 8 of my favourite picks for this harvest season.
1. Scattered Pumpkin Napkins – Pottery Barn – I love these festive holiday napkins as a gift! There’s something about cloth napkins at a table setting that feels a bit more put together versus using paper napkins. Made from 100% cotton and easily machine washable. These pumpkins are cute and great for mixing and matching with a solid colour napkin like green, orange, burgundy, black, etc.
2. Lakeside Throw – Blue – Drake General Store – You can never go wrong with a cozy throw blanket for fall. It’s something that can be used in pretty much any room of the house and sticking to a basic stripe like this will always be well received no matter someone’s taste or style.
3. Silk Road Spice Merchant – Taking a bundle of spices to the hostess that loves to cook is always a good idea; you can never have too many spices in the pantry. Try Scarborough Fair Spice! It includes parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, pepper, garlic, lemon, salt, coriander, and Marash chiles. It tastes great on vegetables, beef, or chicken, and is perfect for Thanksgiving.
4. Pastel & Brass Measuring Spoons – Anthropologie – These measuring spoons are beautiful quality and almost too pretty to even use. The measuring spoons would pair nicely with a baked good when taking to someone’s house.
5. Whipped Pumpkin Candles – Ebony & Ivory – Scented candles and the holidays go hand in hand, am I right? So naturally, they make the perfect gift because they’re also all-natural!! Candles can really set the mood in someone’s home and bring out a nice (toxin-free) aroma. I recently discovered Ebony & Ivory at Little Modern Market in Calgary this fall. Some of my other favourite scents they carry are Cozy Cottage, Apple Cider, and Salted Caramel. The candles come in two sizes: 8oz ($24.99) and 16oz ($34.99).
6. Hammered Pitcher – Pier 1 – This handcrafted, copper-coloured stainless steel pitcher is at a great price point for a hostess gift. You could also use this pitcher as a vase and buy some fresh flowers to go in it for your friend or family member.
7. Herbs Gardening Kit – Italian – Chapters Indigo – This at home gardening kit is a unique hostess gift that can easily grow right in the kitchen. It includes oregano, thyme, and rosemary seeds to plant in a waterproof, galvanized-metal box. So nice to have fresh herbs handy when cooking!
8. Branch & Twig Pie Server – Anthropologie – This beautiful pie server is perfect for serving dessert over the holidays. It’s simple, pretty, and durable. You could gift this pie server with a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.
Let me know which gift is your favourite in the comments below.
Happy Holiday Shopping (& eating)!
*If you enjoyed reading this post, please click below and vote for The Shop Guide. Thank you!