February was a busy shopping month for
us me because we bought a few things leading up to our trip to Orlando, FL and then, of course, I did a little shopping when we were away. I’ll be keeping this post straight to the point but here is a round up of some of our family’s favourite things from this month.
Warning: It’s mostly clothes, lots of basics for spring!
- Bumble and Bumble Sumotech – My husband has been using this hair wax for about 7 years now and it’s his absolute favourite. He has to re-stock every few months but what he likes is that it doesn’t make his hair greasy or shiny.
- St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse – My Christian Dior tanner was discontinued so I had to find a new tanner fast. After reading some good reviews on the St. Tropez Mousse I decided to give it a go. It’s extremely smooth to rub on and feels really natural on the skin. I purchased the glove for $8 for a more even application because I hadn’t used a mousse tanner before. The colour goes on the skin in an olive shade so that you can see where you’ve applied it because it dries very quickly. It’s great because the colour builds off of your skin tone. If I’m being honest, it doesn’t last a full week. I found my one coat faded within 3-4 days. That being said, I think it will be my go-to tanner for an event but I’m better off with a spray tan for a 7 day vacation.
- The North Face Gotham Hooded Waterproof Jacket – I grabbed Luke a size 4T winter jacket for next year from Sporting Life when they had their end of season sale on in February. They also had 30% off snowpants when you buy a jacket, plus if you spent $50+ you got an additional $10 off. I think the jacket ended up working out to about $120 – down from $199. Looks like they’re sold out of it on the Sporting Life website so I linked it on the Nordstrom site. I’ve seen the same coat carried in-store for $119. It comes in the bright blue and solid black colours. I like that it’s actually waterproof because I want Luke to have a really warm jacket for next year when we are skiing, etc.
- A New Day Women’s Ruffle T-shirt – Found this cute top at Target when I was in Florida and I purchased it in black. This top goes great with a skirt, shorts, jeans or toothpick khakis. If you couldn’t tell, I’m really into statement sleeves.
- Carina Organics Bubble Bath Lavender – I was looking for bubble bath for the kids and I, so my gf introduced me to this brand. It feels great on the skin and the lavender scent isn’t strong.
- J.Crew Tissue Turtleneck T-shirt – I am obsessed with turtlenecks, especially J.Crew turtlenecks because they always get it right. I highly recommend you try one. I found this one on the sale rack plus I got an additional 30% off so I think I paid under $15. It’s super comfy and lightweight. Great with a pencil skirt, jeans, or dress pants. I’ll be honest, lately I’ve been wearing my turtlenecks with sweatpants around the house because it’s so cold and non-stop snowing in Calgary.
- Universal Thread Women’s Baseball Cap – I wanted some sun protection for the amusement parks in Disney World so I scooped up this plain ball cap from Target for under $10. I didn’t want any logo’s on it and I didn’t want it to be too washed out so this hat checks all the boxes for me.
- Goodfellow & Co. Men’s Chino Shorts (peach) – My husband was such a trooper at Target on our last visit. I made him try on a dozen shorts, swim trunks, and t-shirts and he actually walked out with a pretty good haul. These “blush” coloured shorts actually look so good on him but they’re definitely out of his comfort zone and I’ve been warned he will only be wearing them on dates with me. Goodfellow also had an awesome selection of swim trunks but they were basically out of stock in his size in all the cool prints so he only purchased this fun hybrid pair.
- Te Koop Anello Nylon Rucksack – I’ve received lots of great feedback and questions about this backpack that I’m now using as a diaper bag. I took it on our trip because I wanted something hands-free for the airport and the parks. This backpack is EXTREMELY lightweight. It’s seriously as light as a feather so by the time you load it full of diapers, wipes, water bottles, etc. it’s not nearly as heavy as some of the other backpacks are even when they’re empty. I ordered it in black from Te Koop in Toronto and it arrived in 3 business days. It was $80 and then I got 10% off for signing up for their newsletter. Looks like they’re sold out of black right now. My next pick would be navy or grey.
- Goodfellow & Co. Men’s Basic Fit Short Sleeve V-Neck T-shirt – Goodfellow brand at Target also had some classic men’s t-shirts at a great price. I think my husband walked away with about 8 new shirts; everything from a baseball tee to a v-neck and a crew-neck.
- L. Erickson Ponytail Holders – I love these elastics because they don’t stretch out and that’s so hard to find in an elastic. I have extremely thick hair and those coil style elastics just don’t cut it. These elastics are great because they look a bit more dressed up when you have it on your wrist.
- Universal Thread Women’s Tie Front White Button Down – This top just might be my favourite from Target. It’s so comfy and lightweight. It looks great with ankle jeans and runners or jean shorts and sandals. It’s short in the front and then really long in the back.
- Cat & Jack Baby Boy Pull-On Shorts – I can’t get enough of the Cat & Jack brand!!!! The boy apparel (and girl’s clothes) are super cute and very on trend. I could have spent $$$$ but I had to really dial it back due to luggage space. I bought a bunch of plain t-shirts, shorts, and sweats for the boys. And, of course, I had to get them some matching outfits. I bought these adorable little shorts for Charlie to wear this summer.
- Cat & Jack Pocket Short Sleeve T-shirt – I also bought Charlie and Luke this t-shirt for the summer so they can twin all day errrr day. If you don’t know this about me I can’t handle characters of any sort on children’s clothing. I stick to plain tops in either solid colours or stripes. I don’t like anything that distracts from their cuteness and personality.
- Halogen Blouson Sleeve Sweatshirt – I spotted this cozy and comfy sweatshirt with a statement sleeve from the Nordstrom winter sale. Got it in the blush colour for $41.40, been wearing it on repeat. Looks like it’s sold out online but I bet you can find it in-store because they had a ton. Call before you go!!!
- J.Crew Women’s Cotton V-Neck Tee – I love the J.Crew tee’s from the sale rack. You can get them for under $15 when they have an additional 30% off sale. They’re thin, lightweight, and they actually keep their shape with each wash. They’re perfect for getting you through a couple seasons.
- A&F Harper Low Rise Ankle Jeans (med wash) – Confession…I’ve been shopping at A&F again since September 2017 and I’m not sorry. I recently just purchased a pair of their jeans which I haven’t bought since high school. They had a 50% off denim sale and I couldn’t resist this pair for $42. I forgot that their jeans are all preshrunk so you don’t have to worry about them stretching out on you. If you’re contemplating about trying a pair just do it!
Well, that wraps up February’s shopping cart.
Thanks for reading and shopping along!