Has spring arrived where you live? Well, if you’re in Calgary we are finally seeing some plus temperatures this week. Thank goodness because my bank account can’t take it much longer. I’ve been doing a lot of online shopping from the comfort and warmth of our home and lots and lots of mall visits to get us through this excruciatingly long winter. For the month of March, I have rounded up all of my favourite items that I would like to share. On the list you’ll find beauty products, a little food, children’s items, and women’s wear. So let’s get to it…
1. Unsweetened Cultured Coconut // 2. Nike Toddler Free Run RN // 3. A&F Low-Rise Boyfriend Shorts // 4. BITE Beauty – Sweet Cream // 5. Too Many Carrots // 6. Crave // 7. A&F Chambray Button-Up Shirt // 8. Zara – Henley Shirt // 9. A&F V-Neck Boyfriend Tee // 10. Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum // 11. Zara Skinny Coloured Jeans // 12. A&F Women’s High-Rise White Jeans
- Unsweetened Cultured Coconut – I’ve been buying this “yogurt” substitute for about 6 weeks now from Superstore and I really like it as a dairy-free option. It’s vegan, carrageenan-free, cholesterol-free, and gluten-free. It is light and tropical in taste since it’s coconut-based but, I’ll be honest, it’s not as creamy as dairy yogurt. I have tried plain and vanilla Unsweetened Cultured Coconut, and the plain is quite tart so I add a drop of maple syrup. The flavours are great to mix with berries and other fruit, but my latest obsession has been freezing it into cubes and then adding it to my smoothies for extra protein for the boys and I.
2. Nike Toddler Free Run RN – These are my go-to shoes for Luke; he’s been wearing this style since he could walk. They’re flexible, lightweight, and now easy for him to take on and off by himself. I’m always keeping my eyes open for a Nike sale and constantly buying the next size up and stockpiling them. I picked this pair up from Sportchek during the Friends & Family 2 day 25% off sale.
3. A&F Low-Rise Boyfriend Shorts – I had been looking for a light coloured pair of distressed jean shorts for a while and totally had my eye on One Teaspoon Wilde Bandit Shorts from Shopbop. However, $140 CDN for teenie tiny jean shorts is a little steep so I grabbed this A&F pair on sale for $32 over Easter.
4. BITE Beauty – Sweet Cream – I am definitely NOT a beauty expert and I pretty much apply the same look every day, but I was looking for something bold and bright to mix it up for spring and I’m quite happy with this lipstick choice.
5. Too Many Carrots – I was hoping by purchasing this book and putting it in Luke’s Easter basket that it would make him like carrots but no such luck. It’s still a cute story nonetheless and a fun addition to our children’s library.
6. Crave – Crave Cupcakes has been a longtime favourite in our household and, if you’re a mint chocolate fan, you’ll want to get your hands on the new Mint Chip asap. It’s the old Peppermint Patty flavour just revamped. Here’s the equation: chocolate cake + minty buttercream icing with mini chocolate chips on top = heaven.
7. A&F Chambray Button-Up Shirt – Tying a knot in your shirt is definitely not a new trend but we are seeing it more and more especially for spring. It’s a flirty look but also casual and laidback. My favourite way to wear a top like this is with high waisted jeans, pencil skirt, or shorts. By wearing it with high waisted bottoms you can totally avoid showing your midriff. This style shirt also elongates your legs and cinches your waist. I sized up and bought a medium for a little extra length which I like.
A&F has 50% off almost every month, whether it’s the whole store or just on denim. But, most recently they had a great sale over Easter which is when I picked up a few spring items that you’ll see me mention on this list.
8. Zara – Henley Shirt – If you read one of my past posts, My Favourite Places to Shop for Kids, then you know I’m on a huge Zara kick for kids apparel. It’s affordable, the fabrics are nice, and it has a little European flare which I find stylish. Got these cute new shirts for the boys in white and grey.
9. A&F V-Neck Boyfriend Tee – Picked this V-neck comfy tee for $14 during the A&F 50% off sale. I pair it with my Roots sweats lounging around the house, workout leggings, or jeans. Can’t go wrong with camo print. I also really like how the model is wearing it with white jeans for a fresh look.
10. Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum – One of my New Year’s resolutions was to take better care of my skin and start a bit of a routine. I had never used an anti-aging serum before but did a little online research to find something 100% natural. Tata Harper had the best reviews so I couldn’t pass it up. I’ve been using it in combination with my microneedling tool – GloPro – but I think it’s made my skin extremely soft and my complexion appears to have improved. This serum also smells amazing!
11. Zara Skinny Coloured Jeans – These adorable skinny jeans matched with the Henley Shirt is just too cute for words. I really enjoy browsing the children’s section at Zara because the colours are a little more muted and classic. There is so much to work with and it makes it easy to pair outfits. I think the henley shirt paired with the skinny jeans is the perfect combo for family photos for little boys.
12. A&F Women’s High-Rise White Jeans – I had been on the hunt for white jeans for a while and with these at $42 (on sale for 50% off over Easter) I couldn’t resist. I’m still loving the raw hem look so these were a no-brainer. I also chose high waisted over a low rise style to keep everything flat and sucked in because I feel more comfortable that way.
Let me know which items are your favourite in the comments below.