It’s finally here, the moment you’ve been waiting for, Nordstrom Rack has hit Calgary and I’m going to give you all the details! It is the second Canadian store to open this spring from their global expansion. If you’re not familiar with the chain Nordstrom Rack, it is a discount retail store and an extension of the American chain – Nordstrom. At Nordstrom Rack you can find branded clothing, shoes, home goods, accessories, and bags up to 60% off from the Nordstrom department store.
On Tuesday, April 24th, Nordstrom Rack had their Sneak Peek Party where people were able to shop the collection at triple the points. (I’ll get to the point system later.) There was a live DJ, yummy hors d’oeuvres, and lots of drinks to celebrate the new store location and to get people excited about the products and prices. I was able to snap a few pictures throughout the evening but it was a little c-r-o-w-d-e-d. There was a lot of bending, crawling, reaching over top of people, and juggling all my goodies as I wandered the store soaking in all the deals.
I want to divulge everything you need to know about the new Calgary location and what it has to offer so let’s dive into it…
- It’s a 30,000 sq ft location in Deerfoot Meadows (where the old Future Shop was)
- They carry men and women’s (petite to plus) clothes, home décor, accessories, jewelry, handbags, travel gear, skincare, children’s apparel, and shoes!
- Ok, the shoe department is definitely the BEST! The entire back wall of the store has aisles and aisles of shoes. They carry men and women’s footwear at a reasonable price point (Nike’s $65) as well as high-end designer brands like Valentino. They also have a really great children’s shoe selection where you can find trendy footwear like Converse, Nike ($30), Adidas, Toms ($34), Hunter ($22), Bogs ($34), Native Shoes ($30), and more.
- They divide their clothing racks into price points and lifestyle. I.e. $40 and under, $25 and under, swimwear, athletic apparel, lingerie, etc. This is a great way to organize the store so that customers can get in and out fast.
- I didn’t find the home section to be that big. My one wish is that they offer a bit more of a selection in that area. You will find kitchen utensils and some cookware, outdoor entertaining items, pillows, bedding, towels, mirrors, frames, mugs, and candles but on a small scale.
- The Nordstrom Rack Calgary location also has mobile checkout locations setup throughout the store for convenience.
And, I’m sharing the answers to those frequently asked questions about Nordstrom Rack.
How does Nordstrom Rewards work? Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend at Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack. When you reach 2,000 points you can redeem a $20 note towards your next purchase at Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack.
Can you collect Nordstrom Notes on Nordstrom Rack purchases? Yes! You can collect points at the discount store and redeem points as well. If you have a Nordstrom Rewards account you can use it at the department store and the outlet.
What is the return policy at Nordstrom Rack? It’s 45 days.
Can Nordstrom gift cards be used at Nordstrom Rack locations? Yes.
Does Nordstrom Rack Deerfoot Meadows have an alterations and tailoring department? No, not at this time. If you purchase Nordstrom brand items you can have them tailored through the Nordstrom store alterations service department at Chinook Mall.
Does Nordstrom Rack Deerfoot Meadows offer curbside pick up? No not at this time.
Can I order online and pickup items in-store? No but it’s something they’re working on.
Will Nordstrom Rack have Reward point events? Yes they do! And, for the grand opening weekend they are offering triple the points on your purchases. They will continue to run point events seasonally just like the department store.
If you live in Canada there will be more stores opening in Toronto, Edmonton, and Ottawa over the next month and into the fall. You can find the lineup here.
And there you have it. That’s pretty much everything you need to know about the new Nordstrom Rack in Calgary. With so many Canadian and American retailers that have closed up shop the last few years I think it’s just what our city needs. I look forward to adding this store to my list of frequent stops when I’m on the hunt for apparel at an affordable price.
Tell me in the comments below if you’ve had a chance to check out the store or if you’re going for opening weekend!