Is it just me or do you love checking out other people’s carts when you’re shopping? I swear it could be the grocery store, Winners, Costco, Nordstrom Rack, HomeSense…you name it. I find my eyes wandering into shopping carts that pass by so that I can catch a good glimpse of what other people are buying. I’m so intrigued by people’s finds and why they buy what they do which is probably why I’m an open book and enjoy divulging all of our monthly family buys with everyone. This month is a real mishmash of items but I’m sharing lots of goodies at many price points!
1. So Delicious – Coconut Cookie Dough // 2. Abound Meesha Flat Sandal // 3. Tory Burch Crossbody Bag // 4. Flashblock // 5. Next Step Round Toilet Seat // 6. Bogs Classic Kids’ Insulated Black Boots // 7. Eric Javits Daphne Broad Brim Fedora // 8. Victoria Secret Lace-waist Hiphugger Panty // 9. Levi’s Little Boy Barstow Western Shirt // 10. Baublebar Criselda Ball Shoulder Duster Earrings // 11. J.Crew Parke Blazer
1. So Delicious – Coconut Cookie Dough – The So Delicious brand never seems to disappoint. If you’re trying to go dairy-free (and gluten free) you will want to try out their beverages, ice cream, dessert toppings, and yogurt alternatives. They’re actually soooooo delicious. 😉 When I had Charlie and began breastfeeding for the second time I tried my best to go dairy-free which meant making a lot of changes. My husband even got on board and prefers So Delicious over other brands too so I don’t see us switching back any time soon.
They make some awesome flavours out of cashew milk, coconut milk, almond milk, and soy milk. Coconut Cookie Dough ice cream is probably my most favourite and Salted Caramel Cluster would be a close second. Their Coconut Almond ice cream bars, Mocha Almond Fudge, and Dipped Salted Caramel falvours are also really yummy. I pick ours up from Real Canadian Superstore for $5.99 CDN.
2. Abound Meesha Flat Sandal – I found these simple sandals for $39.97 CDN at Nordstrom Rack a couple weeks ago. I was looking for flat strappy black sandals that I could wear with a skirt, dress, jean shorts or jeans. These sandals don’t have a ton of support so I wouldn’t recommend wearing them touring around a city or at an amusement park but they serve the purpose for quick trips out and about or for casual date night.
3. Tory Burch Crossbody Bag – I was on the hunt for a dainty crossbody bag that I could to wear to various functions or evenings out when I really don’t need anything more than my credit cards, keys, phone, and lipstick. This Tory Burch bag is classic and sophisticated with the gold chain strap and black leather. I grabbed it at Nordstrom Rack for $189 CDN but can’t seem to find it on their website. You can find similar options by Tory Burch here, here, here, here, and here.
4. Flashblock – In April, I received a fun package from Flashblock with a variety of our family photos printed on wooden blocks. Talk about creative and unique accessories for the home! They look awesome on counter tops, dressers, end tables, and mantles, especially when you order different sizes and shapes, and arrange them together. My boys love looking at our family photos around the house and these are great because they’re durable and can be manhandled without me worrying they might break. Flashblock makes a great gift for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, grandparents, and birthdays. Alternatively, you could also pick up a gift card and gift it to a teacher or for a home/cottage present.
5. Next Step Round Toilet Seat – Two months in and we are still potty training over at our house and I don’t know what we would do without this awesome toilet seat. We actually bought this seat back in the fall after visiting my sister’s house but I had to share it because it’s so smart! My husband replaced our toilet seat in our main floor bathroom for this one that he picked up at Home Depot. It’s so clean and tidy looking without the bulk of adding a toddler toilet seat cover that you have to take on and off. It works for adults and toddlers because the smaller seat just lifts up and secures magnetically into the cover when you aren’t using it. (Great when you have guests over!) It’s also soft close so it doesn’t slam or pinch little fingers.
6. Bogs Classic Kids’ Insulated Black Boots – Ok, I picked up these insulated boots for Luke from Nordstrom Rack for $32.97 CDN which is apparently a steal of a deal considering they’re being sold on Well.ca for almost $100. I couldn’t find them on the Nordstrom Rack website so my suggestion would be to call your local Nordstrom Rack and see if they have them in stock!!! You could also find Bogs from The Shoe Company in different prints for approximately $56 CDN.
7. Eric Javits Daphne Broad Brim Fedora – I found this hat for $149 CDN from Nordstrom Rack but cannot find it on their site. It looks like they’re carrying the exact same one at Nordstrom department store but for way more money. This hat is seriously such nice quality and very comfortable. It doesn’t even feel like you’re wearing anything and it offers great sun protection with the big brim. So far it’s been worth every penny because cheaper hats don’t always fit well and don’t hold up over time. If you are looking for a stylish hat at a lower price point, try J.Crew.
8. Victoria Secret Lace-waist Hiphugger Panty – Keeping this post real by sharing my underwear with everyone; I have been wearing this style for years and years. My favourite part is the lace waist band because there is no elastic cutting into your stomach. Also, this hiphugger underwear doesn’t give you panty lines which is a big win in my books!
9. Levi’s Little Boy Barstow Western Shirt – I picked up this stylish Levi’s denim shirt for $19 from Preshrunk at PARKSHOP during the PARKFAMILY fashion show at Southcentre Mall last month. You’ve probably heard me talk about Preshrunk before but if you are new to the blog you should know it’s my go-to for gently used children’s clothing and maternity wear. All their pieces are listed on their site with the condition rating but once an item is sold it’s removed so I had to find the shirt I bought on the Levi’s website just so you could see how stylish it is for little boys! This denim shirt retails for $46 and I can’t get over what perfect condition it is in sold by Preshrunk. I style the oversized denim shirt on my toddler as a “jean jacket” and layer it over shirts. It will also be perfect for him for Stampede.
10. Baublebar Criselda Ball Shoulder Duster Earrings – I bought some fun striped earrings in this ball drop-down style from Nordstrom Rack for $22.97 CDN. Check out some other colours here. They are so fun for accessorizing your outfit and adding a little pop. I think these earrings make a fun birthday gift for a girlfriend or sister if they’re into fashion and accessories.
11. J.Crew Parke Blazer – I had been eyeballing this gorgeous blazer for about a month and then when J.Crew had a 40% off sale with free international shipping I swooped in and grabbed it. Everyone needs a statement blazer and I think this one is perfect in that rich caramel colour. I am obsessing over this colour when it’s paired with a blue denim shirt and worn with white denim jeans.
Tell me in the comments below what you’re looking for this season.