For the month of May I spent most of my time outdoors working on the yard, going on walks, lots of biking with the kids, and frequenting many home improvement stores. So, if you’re looking for products for your yard, snacks, or children’s gear, check out the post below because my shopping cart definitely reflects these categories. (Unfortunately no fashion this month.)
- Made in Nature Organic Figgy Pops – In our house, these Figgy Pops are a household staple for the guys. They’re great for snack time when you’re on the go or when you have a late night craving. We grab them on our bi-weekly runs at Costco for about $12.99.
- Yardworks Dethatcher – My husband was on the hunt for a dethatcher because he likes to work outside and do it himself versus calling someone in or renting the equipment for the day. After trying out a couple brands he liked this one the best and picked it up from Canadian Tire.
- Radio Flyer Glide & Go Balance Bike – We finally got Luke a balance bike for the summer and now it’s just a matter of getting him to use it. Although he much prefers his bike with training wheels, we love this one because it’s so lightweight and a great price. We thought about buying it secondhand but with such wear and tear on bikes and Charlie needing it next we decided to buy new from Costco for $49.99. I couldn’t find it on the Costco website so call your local store first to see if they are carrying it this season.
- Stroller – As the boys get bigger, we needed another double stroller for walks, hikes, and bike riding so this stroller definitely serves the purpose at one of the best price points I’ve found. We purchased it for $299.99 from Costco (not online). My only complaint would be that it doesn’t have a great canopy for sun protection the way it is angled and designed as a side by side two-seater. So far we only use it a couple times a week but it’s been good on all of our outings.
- Yardworks Hose Rail – This is a good buy from Canadian Tire. My husband selected this hose rail for our yard, it is sturdy and convenient how it turns the direction you move without getting all tangled.
- Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish – I’ve been using this spray for the last 6 years or so and it’s a must for my locks!!! I wouldn’t compare this product to hairspray but it creates fullness, hold, and soft texture. I don’t use this spray daily, only when I style it for functions or an evening out but I find a little goes a long way. It also smells so great but definitely isn’t all-natural. 🙂
- Behr Premium Transparent Weatherproofing Wood Finish – If you’ve been following my Instagram stories then you know I’ve been a staining machine for the last month. I’m staining our fence, privacy screen, and planter boxes on our property. This is my go-to for that natural cedar look. Over time, when the stain fades it ages nicely and doesn’t look like chipped paint so you don’t have to worry about the upkeep as much.
- Quaker Crispy Minis – When you need something salty, gluten-free with flavour and lots of crunch these Crispy Minis are the answer. Potato chips, specifically salt and vinegar Miss. Vicky’s, are my weakness but these are known to satisfy my craving in a pinch. My favourite flavours are BBQ and Sweet Chili. It’s a good option to throw in the basket for a picnic this summer.
- Umbrella – I desperately needed an umbrella for the back patio and my husband found me this one from Lowe’s. We wanted something with nice fabric that was durable and offered a variety settings so we could angle it multiple ways. I was deciding between the taupe or the blue, and finally settled on blue because I wanted to bring a little pop of colour to our yard. The exterior of our house has a lot of brown and tan so I thought the blue would be a great contrast. We got it on sale for $254.00!!! We want it to last so we will probably be investing in a cover for it as well so that it holds up and doesn’t fade.
Tell me in the comments below what you’re on the hunt for.