The other night I ran to Chinook Mall to find a sweater for our family photos in the mountains this past weekend. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute…I had a cream knit cardigan with a lace camisole all planned and ready to go but with this cold snap and flurries I decided a turtleneck might be more appropriate. I only had an hour so I hit Nordstrom first with hopes I could find something for under $100, but no such luck, and then I popped into Wilfred and walked out with a purchase that I know I’ll wear again and again.
If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen a few shots from my try-on session. I received some questions on what store and what sweaters I tried on so I thought I’d throw it into a blog post in case you have family photos coming up, a holiday event, or just need a new neutral knit to throw in the mix this season.
Here are the sweaters I tried on ranging from $55-$555. Can you tell I have a type? 🙂
- French Connection Orla Sweater (oatmeal) – One of my favourites that I tried on at Nordstrom. Love the balloon sleeve. Might have to go back for it. NOT itchy.
- J.Crew Lightweight Sweater Blazer (heather khaki) – Perfect business sweater! NOT itchy.
- Wildred Emmy Sweater (heather birch) – I love this thin knit cropped sweater with dramatic sleeve detail. Perfect with high waisted jeans. Thinking about wearing this to my husband’s casual Christmas party. NOT itchy.
- Leith Cozy Mock Neck Sweater (beige oatmeal heather) – Lightweight neutral sweater. Very basic but can’t go wrong. NOT itchy.
- Babaton Chalmers Sweater (heather light grey) – This one is going on my Boxing Day shopping list. I think it would be great with workout leggings (or jeans) and running errands. Casual sweater but also structured and provides a nice shape and fit. NOT itchy.
- Wilfred Montpellier Sweater (cider gold) – This is the sweater I picked and I’m so in love. I don’t own anything in this burnt orange/rust colour. I love the chunky knit, the length, and sleeves. It’s a nice tailored fit for a big cozy sweater. I’ll be dressing this up or down. NOT itchy.
- Rag & Bone Iceland Wool Blend Sweater (grey) – Probably the most overpriced sweater I’ve ever tried on but I kind of want to add it to my Christmas Wish List!!!! It is SO soft. NOT itchy.
- Wilfred Sardou Sweater (sagesse) –The perfect cropped sweater to wear with high waisted jeans. I found the sleeves a tad on the shorter side. I love the knit on this one and the colour! NOT itchy.
- VINCE Off-the-Shoulder Alpaca Blend Sweater (biscuit) – Expensive but beautiful cream sweater. I think of Christmas when I put this one on and holding a nice cup of hot chocolate. And then I think about the boys jumping all over me and wonder if I’ll ever be able to wear the colour cream again. NOT itchy.
- Halogen Oversized Turtleneck Sweater (pink hero) – Affordable price point for a basic turtleneck knit sweater. NOT itchy.
- BP Chunky Thermal Cowl Neck Sweater (brown cattail) – Might want to go back for this one because I am obsessed with camel colour and the bell sleeve. NOT itchy.
- Eileen Fisher V-Neck Cashmere Sweater (maple oat) – This Eileen Fisher sweater was soooooo beautiful! I didn’t love the shade on me but the fit was perfection. NOT itchy.
- Wilfred Lorin Sweater (roebuck) – The cutest sweater!! This one was in first place at Wilfred until I tried on the Montpellier sweater. I love that you can tie it in the front or back. It’s cropped but nothing crazy. Still provides length and coverage if you wear high waisted jeans. It’s SUPER itchy. I’m so sensitive to wool but I’d probably only be able to wear this for a few hours max. Because of the price and the itch factor, I didn’t get it.
Which one would you choose? Tell me in the comments below.